HIGHLIGHTS ON VELCADE
Velcade Bortezomib 1 mg Injection Details :
Brand Name : Velcade Injection
Active Ingredient : Bortezomib
Strength : 1 mg
Manufacturer : Janssen Pharmaceutical
Packing : Price per vial
Overall treatment with Velcade must be done under the supervision of a doctor. Your doctor will decide what dose you will receive. The dose will be calculated from your height and weight. It will also depend on factors such as kidney function, liver function and other medicines you are being given.
- The solution can also be given subcutaneously as an injection into your thighs (right or left), or abdomen (right or left).
- Velcade (Bortezomib) must be given intravenously or subcutaneously only. It must not be given into the space around the spinal cord (intrathecally).
What other drugs could interact with Velcade?
Interactions are when another medicine, food or drink (including alcohol) changes how a medicine works, or changes its side effects in some way. There may be an interaction between Bortezomib and any of the following:
- Amiodarone, a medicine used to treat irregular heart beat
- Medicines used to treat viral infections such as flu, herpes and HIV
- Isoniazid, a medicine used to treat tuberculosis
- Nitrofurantoin, a medicine used to treat urinary tract infections
- Rifampicin, an antibiotic used with other medicine to treat tuberculosis
- Ketoconazole, a medicine used to treat fungal infections
- Medicines used to treat high cholesterol levels in the blood
- Medicines used to treat diabetes
- Medicines that may lower blood pressure
- Medicine used to treat epilepsy such as carbamazepine and phenobarbital
- Phenytoin, a medicine used in preventing seizures
- St John’s Wort (Hypericum perforatum)