HIGHLIGHT FOR RESOF (SOFOSBUVIR) 400 mg TABLETS
Brand Name : Resof Tablets
Composition : Sofosbuvir
Strength : 400 mg
Manufacturer : Dr. Reddy Laboratories
Packing : Pack of 28 Tablets
Form : Tablets
Uses : Hepatits Treatment Drugs
Description : Resof 400 mg tablets containing the active ingredient Sofosbuvir, is an oral medication used to treat the chronic (lasting a long time) hepatitis C virus infection. Sofosbuvir is a nucleotide analog inhibitor of hepatitis C virus NS5B polymerase — the key enzyme mediating HCV RNA replication.
- Treatment with Sofosbuvir is not recommended in patients with severe kidney or liver problems or depression.
- Take extreme care to avoid pregnancy in female patients or female partners of male patients who are on treatment with Resof hepatitis medicines.
- Take necessary precautions as Sofosbuvir does not prevent the spread of infection to other people through sharing needles, or contact with blood.
- You will need frequent blood tests to check your liver function.
- You should not stop using this HCV drug suddenly. Stopping suddenly could make your condition harder to treat with hepatitis C antiviral medicine.
- Store this medicine in the original container at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
- Other drugs may interact with Sofosbuvir, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Tell your doctor about all your current medicines and any you start or stop using, especially: Amiodarone ; St. John’s wort ; Tipranavir ; Seizure medication — carbamazepine, oxcarbazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin; or Tuberculosis medication — rifabutin, rifampin, rifapentine.
- Sofosbuvir can pass into breast milk and may harm a nursing baby. You should not breast-feed while you are using Resof to treat hepatitis C.
- Avoid drinking alcohol. It may increase your risk of liver damage.
- Avoid activities that may increase your risk of bleeding or injury. Use extra care to prevent bleeding while shaving or brushing your teeth.